Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We thank you for your continued prayers. We continue to be reminded of the Lord's faithfulness in answering our prayers. Some prayers are answered very quickly and some we are still waiting on responses, but He continues to remind us that it is all in His perfect timing. I continue to be amazed by how He chooses to use us to share His love and message with others. I feel so inadequate and undeserving when I think of my sinfulness, and yet He continues to give me opportunities to share His message with others. It always excites me when He uses my struggles to teach other people His truth and faithfulness. He chose to use my weakness this morning to hopefully draw someone closer to His kingdom. As Grace and I were walking back from taking the boys to school, I was praying and asking the Lord to guide and direct our steps and asking Him to forgive me of a sin which He had shown me. Later in the morning, I was on the internet when I had a friend who lives in another European country begin a skype conversation with me. I was so thankful to the Lord that I was able to share with her some Truth that the Lord had just reminded me of this past weekend and then later in the conversation I was also able to share more of the Gospel with her. I praise the Lord that He used me to share with her what He had just taught me. I continue to be amazed by His perfect timing.

This past weekend, He gently reminded me that He knows the plans that He has for us (Jeremiah 29:11). He spoke to me after the third word, that's all He needed to say and then we stayed at that place in Scripture for a while. Life can be very uncertain at times, but He reminded me that He is still the One in control and that His plans will be established. In the midst of these uncertainties (language school for Chris, Michele's birth, etc) I can still find peace because He is the peace giver. He did not give me peace this weekend by giving me an answer to all of my questions, instead He gave me His peace by simply reminding me that He knows His plans for me. This may seem completely obvious to you, but I needed to be reminded of this truth once again. May we continue to be hopeful and patient in Him!

No comments: